Gombe State Government recovers 15 children allegedly abducted from the state. By Ben Ngwakwe Gombe.

A total of 15 abducted children allegedly stolen from Gombe State has been recoverd by the State Government.

The Commissioner of Women Affairs and Social Development, Mrs Naomi J J Awak disclosed this to Journalists on Friday, adding that the alleged children were well accommodated, well fed, medically taken care off and were happy in their new homes.
Mrs Naomi Awak lamented that some of the parents who claimed hold of the parentage of the affected children, one parent from Bauchi State and another parents from Asaba in Delta State hence the State Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya decided to solve the crisis by stepping in and paid for the DNA test that was yet to come out to accertain the authenticity of the said parents of those children.
According to her, the recovery of the stolen children were fast tracked by the active collaboration of the disbanded SARS in the state while 4 children had already been handled over to their parents.

The alleged children whose ages ranged from 2 years to 10 years incidentally spoke Igbo languages and bear Igbo names such as Okafor,etc
She further revealed that that the children who were in the custody of the state government over one month, may be handled over to their parents when appropriate formalities and authentication of the real parents were accertained while efforts are in high gear to recover additional five children that was said to have been stolen from Gombe State.
Later, the Commissioner said that the stolen children from the Gombe State was for the past five years.
It could be recalled that when the news abducted children broke out and the state Commissioner of police, Mr Shehu Maikudi told Journalists that the alleged children were abducted by one Igbo woman and her cohorts who were specialized in child trafficking at the police headquarters in Gombe recently and both the suspects and its collaborators in crime were paraded to newsmen with the patriotic efforts of disbanded SARS in the state.

Like,share and come back for more news update.

Published by Sahel Onlione News

Sahel Online News is an online news platform, dedicated to building media consciousness for the changing world...

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website at WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: